Tuesday, October 23, 2007

redemption is a word i never heard growing up. it is a fairly new addition to my vocabulary, but it is a concept that often leaves me awestruck and humbled. i have been talking about it a lot more, especially now that i have it tattooed on my body for life. but i think a good question, one that has been brought up several times recently, is: am i truly living like i believe in redemption?
grant talked about redemption on sunday night. ((brief discourse: i love community group, but sunday night worship hits a completely different part of my heart. singing, being challenged, taking communion and then standing in a circle surrounded with other believers...i find so much encouragement in it.)) anyway, on sunday night, we sang "dearly we're bought" (one of my absolute favorite songs ever) and then grant talked from colossians 3:1-17. some thoughts from his talk:
-"dearly we're bought"-the price was high, it cost dearly
-"highly esteemed"-God looks highly upon His people; "my delight is in her" (isaiah 62)
-"redeemed with Jesus' blood, redeemed"-The Prince thought we were worth the sacrifice of His life
-Colossians 3:5-no one is exempt from these sins, but they DO NOT characterize us in Christ!
-Christ will not let His bride go...ever. He will fight for her, love her, take care of her.

Then we sang "in Christ alone," another GREAT song ("and as He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me..") and grant said "only in Christ are we 'dearly bought, highly esteemed and redeemed.' how should this change the way we live?" which totally brought several things to my mind. then we took communion and sang isaiah 43, which i have blogged about before; hearing "i am the Lord, do not fear" repeated over and over gives me chill bumps every time. it was a great time of togetherness in the Lord, and in hindsight, it really was a blessing to have my heart focused on the Lord to begin my week this week. it has been a rollercoaster, but He is in control. That is so scary...but definitely best.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

amen, sister. :) praying for you today!!