Friday, October 19, 2007

musings on otr: round 2!




ok, please allow me one fangirl moment.
I MET OVER THE RHINE!!!!!

okay, moment over.
but seriously. i did. they were outside the handlebar before otr:round two when i was walking in. they were really cool about me being all spastic to meet them. i was trying to be cool and not ask for a picture...but i wish i had.
the concert was, once again, amazing. there was enough variety that i didnt get tired of the music (like that could happen!) but it did follow the same general setlist. i still absolutely loved karin playing the cookie sheet on "dont wait for tom"....crazy times.

(mel's reaction to not meeting over the rhine like i did)

i was thinking tonight about the trumpet child cd, and how there is one song i generally avoid on it. and then i realized why "the trumpet child" makes me uneasy. there is so much soul, so much power and passion, true honesty in the lyrics and music...i truly believe every time i hear it could be a time when Jesus comes back. there was a point tonight when the music came to a swell and Karin's voice took on this tone...i swear i could hear a trumpet playing and all i could think was "here it comes..." as a Christian, i feel kind of ashamed that i am scared of a song that may or may not have any true indication of the Second Coming. i think it is the uncertainty that does it to me. i mean, there is always a bit of uncertainty about life, but as for where, when, and how Jesus is coming back? that is totally up in the air, at least to me. there is so much i do not understand, do not want to think about, and just pretty much shut out of my mind. does this make me a bad person? (answer: i am already a bad person, so no, feeling this way doesnt MAKE me bad. but i should probably be more jubilant than fearful about my Redeemer's return.)


either way, it was a great concert, even just 2 days later. i think this week has firmly cemented over the rhine's status as one of my favorite bands ever.

No comments: